Tuesday 4 February 2014

Fitness update: Two weeks in!!

So it's been two weeks since I started working out, and I wanted to give you all a quick update. 

As I mentioned in the previous post, I've been doing Insanity.  Unfortunately, I had to stop.  I got to day 9, but it was too much, and I am way too out of shape.  I was just hurting my back and my knee (which is new...and sucked) and it didn't feel like I was actually helping myself in the long run.

So I stopped, last Thursday being the last day.  I then gave myself a four-day weekend to recover and as of today am back on it.  I'm not doing Insanity this time, though, I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred.  It's way less jumping, which is what I feel was hurting me the most. So I'll do this one for the recommended 90 days, and then we'll see what shape I'm in, and I'll either do another cycle or start Insanity.

Thankfully, 30-Day Shred is much easier for me to keep up with, although to be honest, I still feel like I'm gonna drop dead by the end.

I'm not gonna post pictures, 'cause I don't think enough's changed for that yet.  Maybe once I've lost a bit more and can actually see a difference.  Or maybe I can't see it since I see me every day??  Fine, I'll think about it at a month.  Anyways, I'll give you a rundown of the changes so far:
                             Weight: -5 lbs                                    Arms: -1 inch
                             Neck: -1 inch                                     Chest: -1 inch
                             Waist: -2.5 inches                              Hips: -2 inches
                             Thighs: -1 inch                                  Calves: -1 inch

Not a crazy amount of actual pounds lost, but enough lost in inches to make me happy.  Keep in mind, this was all in nine days, and I still ate badly (yes, I know I need to change that too).

I think in order to lose more pounds, I need to work much harder to change how I eat.  In the last two weeks I still had chicken fingers with fries and gravy (twice!!), Chinese food, McDonald's, and lots of cookies.  So all those need to go!!  Only home-cooked meals for the next two weeks!!  Actually, that's a lie, 'cause my bday dinner is during these two weeks, so for at least one day I'll be having margaritas and Mexican food.  But other than that, home-cooked meals, damn it!!

Or okay, fine, I'll concede that I'll prolly go out at some point, so if I go out I'll eat something healthy.  Maybe a salad, maybe a sandwich, maybe something like grilled chicken and veggies.  I must cut out the grease and fast food and junk!!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with Jillian Michael's 90-Day Shred, Level 1.  Feel free to join me in doing it!!  There's two more videos to this one, which I'm pretty sure you can find on YouTube.



I'll update you all again in two weeks to see how I've done with my new food challenge, and to see if there's been more awesome losses in pounds or inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment