Monday 2 March 2020

Surprise!

Hallo all!!  I know, it's crazy to see an update, isn't it??  It's been almost 5 years since the last one!!

So I figured I'd do a quick update of my life for those of you who follow me on here.  I moved to Burlington just over two years ago, in 2017. I live with Gaby and Smush in a comfy little townhouse with a small backyard. I work in Oakville, at a pharmaceutical company that runs patient support programs.  I currently work for an awesome drug that helps people breathe better. 

I'm also volunteering with Girl Guides, as a Guider to my niece's Sparks unit.  That means that I get to spend every Tuesday evening, as well as some weekends, with 22 girls aged 5-6 that are ridiculously excited. Also, three other adults.  

I've also started to write again. It's been a while since I felt the need to be creative. I've also been playing with Illustrator, creating some prints that I have up on my Etsy store. My news site is no longer up, mainly because it took way too much time and still I wasn't able to get as many stories, or even many high quality stories, as I wanted to.  I'll have to think of something else I can blog about. Books? TV shows? I don't know.  If you have ideas, please feel free to let me know. I'm open to any suggestions!!

Also, I've discovered podcasts.  Since I'm not on a patient phone line and I have no patient contact, I get to have headphones in all day and podcasts became my new thing.  Let me tell you, Crime Junkie is definitely my favourite.  There's a few other good ones, but I'm still definitely addicted to True Crime.

What else??  Ooooh, I have a kitty!!  Her name is Peppermint, and I love her so, so, so much. She just wants to be loved an cuddled.  She seriously is the best cat.  She doesn't fight you, she doesn't scratch, she doesn't climb or destroy things....she really just wants to sit on your lap so you can pet her. I wasn't soo sure about her when I got her, but it was supposed to be a temporary relocation for her.  But now, there's no way in hell I'm letting her leave.  She's my baby and with me she'll stay.

Hmmm...family update. Let's see....we're good. Gaby's in McMaster, doing her second year. Smush is in grade one, in French Immersion, and seems to like it. Nelson is living in a condo with Nakisha and they've both got good jobs and a ridiculous puppy. Jose is living in Toronto, doing pretty good for himself. Kienan is in his third year at Guelph and in the army. Mom and Aidan just bought a boat (yay!!) and are still happy together. Overall, I think the family's doing pretty good.

Okay, so that's my update.  Maybe I'll try and get one here to update again.  I still have that list thing I was doing, the blogging challenge.  Maybe I'll finish it? Or maybe I'll talk to you guys again in a few years.  Who knows, right!!


No comments:

Post a Comment