Sunday 28 September 2008

Fourth week in, and so far it's good.

So I've decided to update. I really shouldn't be on here, 'cause I have homework I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm taking a break. Well, I haven't really been doing much of it, so it's not really a well-deserved break or anything, but still.

So I like school. I like the classes. They're pretty interesting, and the homework isn't killing me yet. I mean, it takes a while to do, but it's not super hard. Right now I'm working on a creative brief for travel mugs. Yeah, it's not so easy. But they're interesting, and I'm learning new stuff. Which is great, 'cause that was part of the reason I didn't like Humber, we never really learned anything new. So I'm loving it right now.

I'm not liking having math, though. It's kinda basic math, but with a new twist. I mean, it's the four basics (add, subtract, multiply, divide), but they add stuff we never did in high school. Like how to find the rating for your tv show, or figure out if your target audience is really affected by your ad. And how to budget for advertising and marketing. So it's interesting. But I hate math.

So now I can't look at ads the same way anymore. Shittiness. Though I've seen some super good ones now.

So work is good. I work about 35 hrs a week. It's pretty crazy. But the people are pretty good, and I like the store, so it works. And of course, I want everything we sell. I don't have my own kitchen, but that doesn't matter. I still want it.

So my schedule is pretty crazy. I work on sundays from 12-7, and then monday through thursday I leave my house at 7:30 am and I come home at about 11 pm. Thankfully, I have no class and no work on fridays. And I have sat off as well. I actually like my schedule, 'cause although the days are long, I have two full days off. So it's like my weekend, kinda.

And then on either friday or saturday night, Ela comes over. Since I'm not home to watch my shows anymore, my mom got the Rogers box that lets you tape stuff. So I tape all my shows and watch them on fri or sat. So Ela comes over and we watch Criminal Minds, Law & Order, and the Mentalist.

So I really have to do my hw now. I'm tired and want to go to bed. So maybe I'll update again on the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Quite the busy woman you are but I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's definitely better than doing nothing and having too much time to think. Who knows? Maybe one day we'll get to work together. That would be interesting...

    P.S. I can't believe reading your blog is the best way to catch up on your life. We have to figure out a way to hang out.

    ReplyDelete