Tuesday 2 September 2008

And the summer comes to an end...

So the cottage was awesome. It was just me, Ela, and Gaby. It was pretty relaxing and the weather was super good. Best thing ever?? Sitting in a hot tub, looking at the stars. Love it!!

So yeah, we didn't get to do too much, since my back stopped working a few days before. Thankfully, by the time we got to the cottage I was mobile, so it didn't suck too bad. Apparenlty standing for four hours while waiting at the hospital is good for my back when it hurts. It seems to have helped. It was super painful, but it helped.

So we still went to town, ate lunch there a few times. Very good food. I love doing that, it feels like you could be in El Salvador, with the breeze and the openness and the water. Plus, the food is good. And we had Beaver Tails. Chocolate and banana, so yummy. We also went to the visitor's centre and did some hiking. I also climed to the top of the Lookout Tower. It was prolly funny to watch, since I panicked and started hyperventilating and super sweating on the way down....but I did it!! Me and heights, we're not friends.

The water was also super good. It wasn't ice cold like it was at the beginning of July in the park. It was nice and swimmable. And we went kayaking. Not so easy with the waves.

It was a good week.

Also, I got a job. It's at Kitchen Stuff Plus. I start on sunday, I have an 8 hour shift. So I'm happy. It's in Oakville, so not super close, but it's directly between here and school, so it works out. I just hope it doesn't suck. I guess I'll see on sunday!!

I have my orientation on thursday. I'm looking forward to it. I get to meet all the students and teachers and find out all about the program. My orientation is also a food drive, so I'm thinking of raiding my cupboards and bringing some stuff.

You know, I'm looking forward to school. I've had a pretty eventful summer, and although most of it was good, there were a few rough spots. But I like that I had something planned most weekends, and lots of camping and going away. At least this way, no matter what shit happened to make it seem bad, the summer wasn't wasted and I had a good time. But I am looking forward to school and work. And meeting new people. And still partying!!

Oh, and I've now watched Gossip Girl, which I didn't watch season one, but it's soooo good. I could so get attached. And the new 90210?? I'm sold on it already!! It was like the O.C., but better because it wasn't the same shit over and over again, and it had Jennie Garth. So I'll definitely be tuning in every week.

So that's my updating for now. I have a migraine which definitely makes me need some sleep. Nighty night!!

Susana

No comments:

Post a Comment