Tuesday 15 October 2013

Blogging Challenge: hardest thing


8. What is the hardest thing you have ever experiences?

I don't know that I could pick just one thing that has been the hardest.  At the time they were happening, there are many things that I felt were incredibly hard and would never end or get better, but looking back, they weren't really all that bad.

I guess if I were to pick a one of these experiences, I'd have to say my parents' divorce was probably the hardest. Not just because they were splitting up, but because my dad was pretty manipulative with our feelings and picked favourites between my siblings and I to play us off each other, but also because my mom, in an effort to move on, jumped into a relationship with a man I absolutely hated.

Of course, there were other things involved in this terrible time in my life, and it led to me being an angry and depressed teen that tried to end it all, and honestly, I'm still an angry (although less so) and emotional adult. But thankfully the anger and resentment doesn't rule my life as much as it used to.

Recently, I'd have to say that my dog's death hit me hard.  I loved him more than I love some of the people in my life, and I honestly thought he'd be around for years and years to come.  I've been lucky most of my life, never having really lost anyone.  The last funeral I remember was my grandpa, and I was 6 at the time.  So death wasn't something that touched me, and this felt like it came out of nowhere.  Even now, a year and a half later, I can remember what it was like to hug him and sometimes I stare at the places he used to sit and picture him there.  I miss him so, so much.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment