Friday 19 July 2013

A list of things before I die (a.k.a. my bucket list).

Bucket lists have always interested me. I’ve never really understood why they were called bucket lists, though.  I guess it’s because it’s things you wanna do before you kick the bucket??  Seems a little weird to me, but you know, English is pretty weird that way.  I’ve taken to calling them bucket lists now, though, because it’s what everyone else seems to know them as, and it’s just easier than explaining why you hate the name every time you use it.

Anyways, so I’ve had one made long before I knew what they were called, and even now, I continue to add to it.  I think I was nine years old when I first started writing down the list I’d been keeping in my head for as long as I could remember.  Some items have never changed (hug a panda, see the northern lights, learn to surf), while others have been added as soon as I discovered it was possible to do them or that they existed (swim with sharks, write a book, walk the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon).

Thankfully, I’ve crossed a few off my list: I’ve climbed a volcano, visited Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, camped at Bruce Peninsula National Park, climbed a pyramid (well, technically a ziggurat, but I’m not gonna be picky).

I figured I’d list a few here for you all, in case you need some inspiration.  Of course, there’s other, less photo-friendly items on my list, like write a novel, learn a new language, see a broadway play, spend the night in a haunted house, learn to drive standard, and visit all 50 states.  Plus, you know, ride a hot air balloon, swim with dolphins, go horseback riding, go paragliding, see the Sphinx…. you get the point, I’m sure.

I would love to see the Cristo Redentor and Sugarloaf Mountain in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Galapagos Islands, Ecuador.  The animals aren't afraid of people!!

Galapagos islands, Ecuador. I’d love to go and interact with the animals there. They’re not afraid of people!!

Galapagos islands, Ecuador. I’d love to go and interact with the animals there. They’re not afraid of people!!

J.K. Rowling is my idol, and I'd love to meet her. Machu Picchu has always been at the top of my list.
Hadrian's Wall, Northern England. Jasper National Park in Alberta, Canada.
The Festival of Lanterns in Thailand.  It looks like it'd be so beautiful to watch!! Kid Cudi.  His lyrics are incredible, and I'd love to tell him how much I admire him and his honesty.
African Safari.  I think it'd be amazing!!  Hopefully one day it'll happen for me. Angkor Wat in Cambodia.  I'd love to watch the sunrise.
Party in Rio de Janeiro for the Carnival. The Great Wall of China.
Own a pair of Louboutins.  They're just so pretty!! See the Northern Lights (aka Aurora Borealis).
Hug a panda!! Skydive

So there you go.  I’m sure I’ll come up with others as time goes by, and hopefully I’ll get to knock some off my list soon.  I’m hoping that within the next year I can go horseback riding and maybe ziplining or skydiving.  I wanted to get cliff jumping out the of the way, but instead I jumped off a high ledge inside a cave, which I’m not sure counts as a cliff.  And next year, a trip for sure.  Maybe Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail??  Maybe Comic Con in San Diego??  Or maybe I’ll just buy a pair of Louboutin leather boots (and/or sparkly stilettos).  I’d so love that!!
What’s on your bucket list??

No comments:

Post a Comment