Friday 15 August 2008

It's not news if no one dies.

So yesterday, someone got shot right outside my apt. Well, not right outside, but like 25 feet from here. They got shot at the bus stop at the end of Capri. Now, this wasn’t at like 4 am. It was at about 2:30 pm. Apparenlty a van drove by, open the back door, and shot three times.

I happened to drive by the scene about 30 seconds after he got shot. But it’s weird, I saw him laying on the ground at the stop, but I didn’t think he’d been shot. There was a TTC bus at the stop by then, so I thought he’d been trying to get on the bus and fell and maybe hurt his ankle or something like that. But no, he’d been shot.

It’s kinda scary, ‘cause it must have happened in the 20 seconds it took for me to start the car and drive around to the street. I didn’t hear any gunshots, ‘cause I had the music too loud.

It’s weird, though. No one died, so it didn’t really matter. When I got back from picking up Nelson, maybe 10 minutes after it happened, there were like 18 cop cars. There was crime scene tape. There were ambulances, and there was even a fire truck blocking the street. There was a camera crew. But because no one died, everything was gone fifteen minutes later.

And it was nowhere on the news. I checked CP 24, and it’s not there. They do, however, have a story about a guy who was banned from his girlfriend’s apt for loud sex. Yeah, that’s considered “Top News.” But a shooting in broad daylight at a TTC stop is not. Weird, isn’t it??

No comments:

Post a Comment