Tuesday 10 April 2012

Summertime advetures!!

So it's almost summer time, which means it's about that time for me to make a whole bunch of weekend plans in the hopes that at least half of them will happen.  Sadly, I don't always make realistic plans, so whatever.  As long as some happen, I'm happy.

What are these plans, you ask??  Well, let me just tell you all about them.

May 2-4 is the first upcoming long weekend, and I just can't decide what to do.  There are so many options!!  My sister and I talked about camping, but she may go with other friends instead.  Matt and I talked about maybe going to Ottawa, 'cause I really want to go for the tulip festival, but I'm not sure how doable this is.  There is also the Bamboozle festival in New Jersey (Saturday's show is Foo Fighter, Blink 182, All-American Rejects, Jimmy Eat World, and Anti-Flag!!!).  NJ may not be the nicest place (as learned on the last Bamboozle road trip), but the festival is pretty good.  To be honest, I'd really like to do the road trip/concert option, but it all depends on if Gaby gets off her ass and gets her goddamn passport!!

Then comes Canada Day.  It's a long weekend this year again, and I really like the idea of going to Ottawa for this one (which is why I'm not super sad if I miss the tulip festival).  I figure Matt's been there before, he can show me around.  I'm sure there's one or two places he liked.  I don't know if Matt can take the time away from work, but if he can, I'd really like to go.

For the August long weekend I really want to go camping at the Bruce Peninsula National Park, which is just south of Tobermory, ON.  It's incredibly beautiful there.  And since renting a cottage might be crazy considering we'll be going to El Salvador (and stopping in Dallas for a football game, eww), it might be a little better to go camping.  Camping is much cheaper and you can still enjoy the gorgeousness that's up there.  Also, I love camping.

I have other things I'd like to do, although those are way less likely to happen since I don't have a timeline or plan for them.  I'd like to do a weekend in Boston, or maybe in Chicago.  And more camping.  I looooooove camping.

I also plan to go skydiving.  Yes, I would like to jump out of a perfectly good, well-functioning airplane.  And as terrified of heights as I am, I know I'm gonna freaking love it!!  Also, zip lining.  I wanna go to Scenic Caves Nature Adventure in Collingwood and do their Eco Adventure Tour, which includes a suspension bridge, treetop walk, zip line, and cave tour. Doesn't that sound freaking awesome???  Thankfully that doesn't need a whole weekend, so it's perfectly doable.

I'm sure as the summer gets closer, I'll come up with more plans.  Let's just hope I can do most of them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment