Thursday 23 December 2010

30 Days of truth: Something you love about yourself

This one is just as difficult as finding something you hate about yourself, but for the opposite reason. It's not that I have too many to choose from, it's that I can't think of any. I can think of a few things I like: my love of learning, my need to write, my imagination. I guess I can sum it all up and say that I love my ability to sit down and create a story, with characters, maps, and history.

Although many of you may not have seen my story writing, I do have a few stories floating around online. Most are short stories, no more than 1500 words each. There is one multi-chaptered story, but I've only posted up to chapter three or four. But besides those, there are a few more: the fantasy world I've created, along with all the people in it, it's history, it's plot, and it's rules; there's the story of Alyssa, the young mother who loses it all and has to start her life again; there's a great story that involves angels, a human girl, and a war.

I can sit down and spend hours researching, planning, and creating characters and lands, all before I sit down and even begin to write the story.

The only downside to this is that I don't do it often enough. But this year it's on my list of things to improve (I refuse to call them resolutions), so hopefully you'll soon see more of my stories up on here or on one of the writer's websites and In The Midst of Lies will be updated a little more.

So there we go, something I love about me. Maybe I'll keep up and do Day 3 tomorrow?? We'll see. It is Christmas Eve, so maybe not. But I'll try :)

~Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment