Sunday 19 December 2010

Things I want to do in 2011

Two updates in a week....I'm spoiling you guys!!

I decided I wanted to do a list of all the things that I want to do next year. Now, not all of these are realistic, so don't go crazy when you read them and txt me telling me I'm retarded. They're just things that I would love to do, or learn, or go visit. I'm hoping to get a few of them done this year, not all.

1. I want to learn a new language. I'm thinking something completely different. Maybe Mandarin or Russian or something crazy like that. I'd like to learn Latin, but that seems kinda pointless considering I wouldn't be able to use it anywhere.

2. I want to write a full, multi-chaptered story. I have tons of ideas, plots, and characters all written down, but for some reason I never finish the story. Hopefully this year I will.

3. I want to go somewhere far. I'm not talking about Muskoka or even B.C or anything. I'm talking China, Macchu Picchu, Spain, Brazil, Egypt....somewhere new, far, and interesting.

4. I want to decorate my apartment. I'd like to paint the washrooms, get a new TV, a sound system, matching bedroom set, do the kitchen. Soooo much I want to do.

5. I want to go back to school. There's a million things I'd like to do and that I'd be interested in, but I think I should stick to something I know I can do well in. So I'm aiming for Communications at York, on a part-time basis. It'd take me longer, but I'd really like to get it.

6. I want to update my blogs more often. I have a bunch of them, and I'd like to decide which ones I want to do and stick to those. The soccer one is pretty popular, so I should def stick to that one, and the new one I'm doing about living on my own is pretty good too. So I'm going to aim for two updates a week to start.

7. I want to be someone who is decisive and can say what she wants. I know some of you already think I'm like that, but there are many times where that description is the furthest thing from me as you can get. I'd really like to change that.

8. I want to go to more concerts. I love concerts, and I don't think I go to enough of them. It doesn't matter if they're band I've never seen live before, or if they're the same one as always...I just need more concerts.

9. I want to take some sort of fitness class. Yoga, kickboxing, capoiera...there are lots to choose from. The Axe Capoiera gym is next to my work, so I might look into that one.

10. I'd like to lose more weight, but me and the gym aren't really friends. So maybe a class and Insanity will work. I'm also going to start the diet again, the one I did a year ago that helped me lose weight. Losing another 40 lbs would be amazing. So 40 is my goal. I'd like to be able to buy some nice skirts and tops when the summer comes around and not feel gross.

11. I want to cross at least three things of my list of things to do before I die. So maybe some skydiving, swimming with dolphins, hugging a panda, learning to surf or horseback ride. It's a long list, as most of you know, and I need to work on it a little more. So at least three crossed off this year is the goal.

12. I want to make new friends, maybe some that live downtown. Not that there's any wrong with my friends (well, not more than usual), but it'd be nice to have people nearby. Everyone I know lives out in Mississauga, and considers it a hassle to come down here. So meeting a few people to hang out with here would be great.

So that's my list. I'm sure I could come up with a million more things I want to do, but I think if I can do half of those, then 2011 will be a good year.

~Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment