Friday 17 December 2010

One day, I'll be awesome at updates. One day.

Hallo all!!

So, clearly, I fail on the updtes. On all my blogs. But anyways, I figured I should let everyone know what's going on in my life. If you don't care, well, then why are you on this blog?? If you care, read on!!

So, still living downtown with my roommate, Benny. Thankfully, it's still going well. We don't want to kill each other (at least, I hope she doesn't secretly plot my death!!), and we get along 95% of the time. My Christmas tree is up, but it's only half decorated. I'm not sure I'll finish it, it looks fine the way it is. At least for this year :)

Matt and I are still good, although I'm kinda sad and upset that he won't be here for New Year's. I'm not the kind of person that needs to be with her bf at every kind of holiday or notable calendar date (like Valentine's), but NYE is kinda important to me. Also, I wasn't really in a party mood, so I kinda wanted to spend the night relaxing with him, eating munchies and watching movies or something. But oh, well. I'll now be going to Robin's and drinking incredible amounts of rum. Not that it won't be a great time, 'cause I'm sure it will, but it wasn't how I wanted to spend my night. I was gonna stay home and watch movies anyways, but then I realized that it would just depress the fuck out of me to spend NYE alone. So drinking it is :) Unless I decide I'd rather spend it alone. Or maybe Matt will be back early?? I'd even be willing to pick him up from his parents' place if he wanted me to!! I doubt it, but I can hope :) But other than that, things are good, I think. Unless it turns out he's secretly plotting my death too.

Moving on, I'm working now. I work at a start-up software company called Vengeo. It's a pretty cool place, and the program they make is kinda awesome. It's called PiPe, and it's like a mix of PowerPoint and Adobe. It's easy to learn to use, and makes some kick ass newsletters and websites and presentations. I like it a lot. It's def much easier than Illustrator, although it doesn't have the same features. But you also get a profile that doubles as a webpage, so yay for free hosting :)

Also, I now do their newsletter. I research for it, write most of it, and put it all together. So all of you really should check it out. I put in a considerable amount of time and effort, so it would be great if everyone could just take a look through it, maybe sign up for the next one. There's also a Facebook group, which I update, so feel free to join :) The link for the newsletter is http://www.vengeo.com/Vengeo_Thread/Vol1_Iss17_Christmas

Anyways, I get two weeks off for the holidays, and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. Matt's gonna be gone, my mom is working, and all my friends are working or have family things. Maybe I'll catch up on shows?? I have been meaning to watch Big Bang Theory. And Walking Dead. And a British show called Shameless. Or maybe a movie marathon. And some cleaning, and some laundry. And maybe learning new recipes. Oooh, and learning a new language. I want to learn either Russian or Mandarin. I'm gonna see which one makes more sense to me and go for that one. We'll see how it goes. Or maybe I'll just work on one of my many stories. I spend so much time working on characters and plots and worlds....and then I don't go anywhere with it. I'm gonna try harder!!!

Anyways, I'm off now. Go check out my newsletter!! It'll make me super happy!! And it's awesome, I swear. Also, we have a contest to win four gold tickets to leafs vs. canadiens. Sign up!! And if you win, take me with you :)

Okie, bye bye.
~Suz

1 comment: