Monday 5 March 2012

30 Days of Truth: Music that gets me through the days.

13. A band or artist that has got­ten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)

So I've been trying to think of one band that has helped get me through some days, and honestly, I can't think of just one.  So I decided to do songs instead.  I can think of a few songs that helped me get through some tough days or really got to me by saying everything I felt or everything I wanted to say.

"Wonderful" by Everclear is one of the songs that made me feel as if they knew how I felt when they wrote it.  Even now, it's hard for me to listen to without feeling like I did back when I was 12 and life was changing so much. 

"Emotionless" by Good Charlotte is a song that  describes how currently I feel in regards to my father. With the exception of one line, everything said in that song feels like it could have been written with me in mind.  Some days I wish I could send him the lyrics, and let him know how I feel.  And some days, I wonder if he even cares or remembers.  And like the song says, I wonder if misses me, and I wish I could hate him, but I'm pretty sure that the song tells you just how much it hurts to not be able to hate him.

Anyways, moving on.

"Over You" by Daughtry was another one that got me through a tough time. I would listen to it over and over again, knowing that one day I'd agree with all the lyrics.  The day it finally happened, when I realized that was how I felt, was a great day. Kelly Clarkson's "Never Again" helped through this period too, but not as much.

Shakira is usually pretty good at cheering me up and making me dance, and Rise Against is my go-to for getting out my rage and frustration.  Goo Goo Dolls and 30 Seconds To Mars calm me down, and a playlist that includes LMFAO, Ke$ha, Britney and Pitbull will get me ready for any party.

I can probably think of many, many more, but then this list would go on forever.  So I'll leave it at those for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment