Monday 5 March 2012

I'm alive!!!!

So finally I get around to updating.  I guess it's been enough months that my internal screaming voice is saying, "Hey, remember that other blog you write??  Yeah, that one.  Go update it!!"

So here I am, updating.  And I guess I do have a few things to update about.

So let's start with the basics: I am currently unemployed.  RBC decided to not renew my contract, and so I've been searching for something new for a while now.  Hopefully something will come soon, 'cause I'm getting really worried.  And I can only handle so much stress in my life!!  I should prolly be sending out more resumes every day than I am now, though.  I guess I'll work on that.  And maybe call some agencies again.  And if anyone knows of something new, let me know!!

I'm still living at my mom's.  Clearly.  It's not really likely that I'll be moving out anytime soon, especially now that I'm unemployed.  I'm hoping to find a steady, non-contract job soon, and move out once I've been there for at least four months.  Maybe five.  I love my family, but I miss having my own place.

Matt and I are doing pretty well.  We try to see each other at least two days a week.  I'm glad I've got him, he makes me happy.  Plus, I like hugging him.  And waking up next to him.  I like it better on the weekends, when no one has to rush anywhere, but still.  I love it.  I've invited him to come with me to El Salvador in November for my cousin's wedding, and I'm really hopeful he'll be able to come.  I'd love to show him my favourite places.  I'm also hoping we can go camping this summer again.  Maybe a long weekend at Bruce Peninsula National Park??  That would definitely make me happy.

I've also been doing some research into El Salvador and the civil war...but that will have to be a different post.  I don't really want to get into it now.

So I've spent my time lately with my new blog, "Since You Asked..." which is on Wordpress.  I like writing that one a lot.  It's basically just my opinion on anything I can think of, but it's not about my life, like this one.

I've realized recently that this thing I do, where I get bored and move on to a new blog, is just hurting any possible readership I may have.  I've had tons of blogs in the last few years.  This one is the only constant one, and I don't even update it regularly.  I really should get on that, so that people will know where to follow me.  I mean, as of right now, none of my friends follow my new blog.  Even my boyfriend doesn't read it!!

Then again, I have no idea who reads this one either.  Does anyone??  I'm not sure.

Still, more updating should be done.
 
I turned even older about two weeks ago.  Yes, I turned 28.  That's ancient!!  It was a fairly low-key affair, with only a few friends and family.  We had Mexican food and I spent the weekend with Matt.  Overall, it was an okay birthday.  Next year, I'm thinking Vegas.  Or maybe Montreal.  Or maybe just dinner.  I guess I'll see when it gets closer.

I'm okay with my age.  I'm more upset with the fact that I'm 28 and I haven't gotten anywhere remotely stable or independent or anything.  It's kinda sad.  Hopefully by 29 I'll be an adult??  I'll do my best.

Oh, and I got rid of Facebook.  I just didn't want it anymore.  If you really want to know why, you can read the explanation on my other blog here.  Suffice to say, I don't plan on getting it back anytime soon.

I think I'm done now.  I should be sleeping anyways.  I'll try to update in a few days with my thoughts on El Salvador.

Okay, nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment