Monday 26 March 2012

Since you asked for it: an update.

So I got a text message this weekend telling me I don't update this often enough and you wanna know what's up in my life.  Really?? I mean, hello?!?!  Didn't you see the barrage of posts??  There's, like, 4 in the last month.  That's pretty freaking incredible for me!!

God, you're so demanding.  Yeah, you know who you are.

So I figured that I'd update, since I should have been having coffee with you, except you bailed, asshole.  although you know, if you had met me for coffee like you were supposed to, you'd know what's up in my life.  Yeah, I'm sticking my tongue out at you.  That's right, I am mature.

So yes, update.

What's new??  Nothing.  I'm still applying to tons of jobs everyday.  At least now I'm starting to get some call backs or emails and interviews.  So I guess that's progress.  Hopefully I'll be able to join the land of the employed soon.

I've been reading a lot.  I was feeling sick all week, so after sending out some resumes in the morning, the sick would catch up with me and I'd lay down and read a book.  Man, I forgot how much I love reading, and just how fast I can go through a book.  Last week I read 10.

Now, none of those books were epic-sized.  They were about 300-450 pages each.  So although I wasn't as awesomely productive as I was hoping to be, at least not in the job-search department, I did manage to get some reading done.  I'm now re-reading the Witching Hour by Anne Rice.  I love her books, but I forgot how much she goes on and on and on and on and on (you get the point, right??) with useless information and descriptions and backstory.  But still, love it.  Haven't read them since high school.  Hopefully they're just as good as I remember.

Lucky is pretty blind now, so it's a challenge to make sure he's eating and drinking water and making sure he doesn't bang his head against the wall 400 times a day.  He's lost all his energy and just lays near me all day.  It breaks my heart to know that he can't see anything.  I still remember the crazy, palm-sized mini puppy that would run outside and was impossible to catch.  I just wish I could fix him and make him last another 10, 15, 40 years.  I can't pretend it's not gonna kill me when he dies, and I haven't yet accepted the possibility that it could be soon.

I don't really have any other updates.  I'm looking forward to watching The Hunger Games; I'm excited for the day it's warm enough to go to the beach; I'm looking forward to possibly seeing Matt's baby pictures soon.  I've been doing insanity, and I'll prolly write an update on that one eventually.  I've decided e-readers are NOT tools of the devil.  I really want to go kayaking or canoeing this summer, preferably while camping up in Tobermory.  I'm thinking of planning a May 2-4 trip, since I've promised Gaby for years I'd take her.  I'm making a family tree, and I've realized I've got a shit ton of relatives.

Yeah.  So updated.  Happy, jerkface??

No comments:

Post a Comment