Tuesday 8 May 2012

30 Days of Truth: my not-so-secret love for booze!!

20. Your views on drugs and alcohol

Tequila good.  Rum better.  Drugs bad.

I think that about sums it, right??  No??  Fine, I'll elaborate a little.

St. Patrick's Day, 2012.  Made by Kasia.
So I started drinking when I was legal at 19...  hahahaha, you didn't really believe that, did you?? It's almost as if you don't know me or something!!

So the first time I was drunk I was 14.  Someone had gotten a lot of beers, and I drank many of them.  They were gross, but it was the thing to do, you know??  And it was a good time.

I didn't actively start drinking again until I was about 17.  That was when it became a common thing at parties.  Kasia's parties were awesome!!  And usually they involved lots of drinking.

Back then I was the queen of coolers.  I loved Smirnoff Twisted in watermelon and green apple.  And I loved Woody's Blueberry.  But sadly, coolers started giving migraines.  I don't know why.  They're instant -- as in, I take a drink and less than five minutes later, I'm in pain.  And if I drink coolers all night anyways (or even just like 3 or so), I'll throw up the next day as if I've drank my weight in vodka.  Also, vodka is the tool of the devil (no, seriously, it is!!).

And that was when I discovered the greatness that is Captain Morgan.  White rum, spiced rum, and (the best one!!) silver spiced rum.  I love me some Captain. It is my go-to for all parties.

Lobsteritas from Red Lobster are super yummy!!
A few years ago I also discovered tequila.  At first, I thought it was gross.  But then I stopped being a moron and decided it was awesome!!  Sadly, I can't drink gold tequila (instant migraines!!), so I drink silver.  I have also learned that salt does NOT help.  In fact, it makes it worse.  So now I just do the shot and have a lemon (the green one.  Yes, I know.  Leave it alone.).

Patrón is now my drink of choice.  It's not for everyday, 'cause $90 a bottle is crazy, but it's so good. Rum and coke is my usual drink, although I do enjoy amaretto sours, mojitos, and slushie margaritas. 

Jello shots are awesome too.  They're super fun!!  And you can drink sooooo many of them!!

But drugs are bad.  No drugs for me.  If you do weed, I don't care (as long as I can't smell it, it gives me migraines).  But anything harder than that and you're not welcome at my party.  Just say no.

Now I'm really looking forward to camping!!  So much rum to drink....



No comments:

Post a Comment