Wednesday 2 May 2012

30 Days of Truth: I don't care who you marry.

18. Your views on gay marriage.

This is probably one of the easiest to answer.  I don't care who you marry.  I'm all for everyone being able to marry whoever they want.  I don't believe the word "marriage" is a religious term, so I don't see any reason why it can't mean something besides the union between a man and a woman.

As far as I understant it, 'marriage' used to mean that, legally and politically.  But it was changed (at least, it was here in Canada) to "the union between two people." Or something like that.  I don't see why this is a problem.

I can see why people have a problem with changing the religious version, but honestly, we don't need that.  As long as you're legally recognized, who cares if you can't get married in a church??  I mean, I don't even want to get married in a church, and I'm allowed to.  It's not all great to have to stand there for an hour and agree to obey someone else.

Anyways, back to the original answer: I'm all for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment