Wednesday 2 May 2012

Life would be easier if we just Googled it first.

Today, thanks to a Google search, I discovered Photomerge in Photoshop. I'm not sure how long that's been there, but WOW.  Mind blown.

I've done a few panoramas, and I've painstakingly put them together myself. I tried to match them up (because who needs a tripod, right??) and get the colours to match and everything. I spent hours.  Days.  TIME.

And all along, there was a GODDAMN FUNCTION BUILT RIGHT INTO THE FREAKING PROGRAM.

Well, fuck. You just pick the pictures you want, and Photoshop puts them together for you, all matched up and everything.  Even the colours are matched and even. I love it. I mean, I'm upset that I spent so much time when apparently pressing a button does it better, but love it.



Yeah, the program does a better job than I did.  I must admit, though, mine doesn't look all that bad.  I'm using it as the banner for my other blog, so I do really like that I can fix them and put them in.  I have two others that I hope to fix, which were much more badly done than this one.  And I spent so long doing them!!  Although to be honest, my "hours" of work also included Facebook time, spaced out time, and reading time.  Go ADD.

But so I think this might be my new obsession.Well, at least for like a week. Then, like always, I'll move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment