Thursday 31 May 2012

Blogging Challenge: random facts about me!!


1. List 20 random facts about yourself.

Well, shit.  That's quite a lot of random facts.  Okay, so let's see what I can come up with.

1. Horror movies can terrify the shit out of me.  I love them, even the shitty ones, and am always up for watching them.  But there are some movies that will have one moment, or one event, or one shot that scares me enough to not want to turn off my lights at night.

2. I've always felt really weird yelling during sporting events, even when I want nothing more than to yell at the players.  I feel like everyone is watching and judging me.

Park in Toronto (left); islands in Georgian Bay (right).
3. I've always wanted to be a Photoshop genius, so I love to play around with it and find tutorials.  I'm not terrible, but I definitely wouldn't hire me!!

4. I love music, but the creative process for it (writing lyrics, singing, instruments, etc) are my enemy.  No matter what I do or try, I suck at anything besides listening to music.  You should hear me sing.  I'm pretty sure it's considered cruel and unusual punishment.

5. Painting and photography make me happy.  Super happy.

6. I'm a super picky eater.  I don't like peppers (of any colour), steak, mushrooms, most seafood (fishy tasting fish, mussels, calamari, clams, oysters, etc.), pickles, carrots, and celery.  I can't take hot sauce.  I won't even try offal (except chicken heart.  Yummy!!).  I dislike brussels sprouts and nutmeg. 

7. I love making lists.  I never follow them, and I often lose them, but I love making them.

My two favourite chefs. ©Food Network.
8. Camping is one of my favourite things to do in the summer.  Bruce Peninsula National Park is my favourite place, and I try to go at least once a summer (it books up pretty fast!!).

9.  I've recently become addicted to the Food Network.  I will watch anything with Bobby Flay or Michael Symon in it, which explains my new love of Iron Chef America.  They make me happy, and I wish I could get cooking lessons from one of them.  Or just hang out with them.  I do also enjoy Diners, Dive-ins, and Dives.

10.  I still consider El Salvador home, even though I've lived in Canada for 21 of the 28 years of my life.

11. I love traveling, and would prefer a backpacking or touristy vacation over a relaxing beach one any day, although I do love the beach more than anything and would try to fit at least one day in.

Original blog as it looked like when I left LJ in 2007.
12.  I start new blogs all the time, most of which I get bored of fairly quickly.  Brain Mush is the only that I always update (even if it's super sporadically).  I've been updating it, first on Livejournal, then here on Blogger, since 2003.

13. One show I could watch forever is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I can watch it non-stop, all day, everyday.  And I can watch the musical episode, "Once More With Feeling," over and over and over again.

14. I love birthdays.  Although I do, every so often, get the urge to have a small, intimate, relaxed birthday, I fully believe that birthdays should be celebrated all weekend and as loud and crazily as possible.  I'm sure the low-key birthdays will happen more often as I get older, but next year will definitely be an awesome party!!

15. I live my life with music non-stop.  I have music playing while I read, while I cook, while I'm in my room, when I shower, while I sleep, while I commute, on road trips, at work (if allowed), and just about any other time I can have music on.


16. I know almost all of the words to Empire Records.  I say almost because the DVD version is not the same as the VHS version.  I don't know who thought it was a good idea to change it, but they did.  Also, I just watched the trailer I added in this post, and I think I'm gonna go watch the movie now.

17.  I love live shows.  Everything from concerts to plays to musicals.  I love them and would watch them all the time if I could afford it.  We Will Rock You was awesome, and I'm sad I missed Rock Of Ages.  I do still hope to one day watch Phantom of the Opera live.  I would love to see Wicked, or maybe a Shakespeare playI also love shows like Riverdance, and would absolutely love to see Cirque du Soleil.

18. I have recently (as in the last two weeks) discovered One Tree Hill.  I never watched it before, and now that I've seen a few episode, I want to watch all nine seasons.  Only problem??  I want to beat the fuck out of Brooke.  She's kind of annoying, but more than that, I hate her voice.  And her facial expressions.  And her attempts to act her heart out.  She's lucky people like her in a tiny cheerleader outfit.

19. I'd rather wear skirts and dresses than jeans.  I love track pants and yoga pants, but I feel weird wearing them when I go out for anything more than a quick errand.  And I love heels and cork platform sandals more than anything, but I'm not used to wearing them anymore, and I don't want to deal with the pain of getting used to them, so I don't.  So I wear flip-flops and Roxys instead.

20.  Much Ado About Nothing is my favourite Shakespeare play.  It's followed by Hamlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment