Sunday 4 November 2007

Touristas!!!

So Vegas was awesome. It's honestly gotta be the best thing I've done. I'm so glad that I decided to go.

So we got there on wed at about 11 pm their time, 2 am our time. So by the time we checked in and everything, it was almost 3. And then me and Jarx went walking around our hotel, which was pretty big. And yeah, you can walk around smoking and carrying your alcohol. Inside and even on the streets. But we were both too tired to go walk on the strip, so we went to bed.

Thursday morning, Jarx and his friend Dan went to the car show, and I got picked up at 8:30. The your took us to a museum that had old houses that ppl, could walk around in, and a ghost town set up to look like an 1800's settlement. After that, we went to Ethel's Chocolate Factory, which has the best chocolate EVER. I don't know why we don't have any here, but it was so worth the price. I paid like $20 for 3 chocolate bars and a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. So worth it. Anyways, from there, we went to take a tour of Sumerlin, which is absolutely beautiful. It's weird though, because the houses either have astroturf (soccer field grass) or just cement/dirt/rocks in their front yard, and in some of the backyards too. There's barely any rain there, so you can't just waste water on the grass. So yeah, on the a buffet lunch at the Marriott. Not only was lunch fantastic, but the hotel itself was amazing. So gorgeous. Anyways, once we were done there, we went on to Red Rock Canyon. Man, another pretty site. Mountains everywhere, warm weather, nice breeze....fantastic.

After the Red Rock Canyon, I got dropped off at the Mirage and walked to the mall. Yeah, the mall was huge and it had tons of stores...so I bought a few things. None for me really, but for my mom and Gaby. So then I got back to the hotel, and we got changed and started walking down the strip. We ate at Wendy's (yeah, I know, so awesome). Then we walked down the entire strip. Yeah, I so did not make it to the last hotel. Halfway down, we stopped at a bar where I had three tequilla shots. Then we moved on to Coyote Ugly where I had another two. And then on to LAX Nightclub at the Luxor hotel, where I had three more. So then I attempted to walk back and made it about a third of the way. So I got into a taxi and went back.

Three hours later, it was time to get up and go meet the bus at the front. So we went, and yeah, I was still wasted. And so we went over the Hoover Dam, and kept driving, with one 15 minute stop for a break, and a lunch stop. And then on to the grand canyon!! It was amazing. Absolutely fantastic. I can't even find the right words to describe how beautiful and breathtaking it was. I never wanted to leave. And on top of that, the weather was great. Warm, with no humidity, and a nice cool breeze. I mean, I was in heaven. I NEED to go back. See more of it. Maybe actually go into the canyon.

Anyways, from there, it was back to the hotel. And then we were supposed to go to the Playboy Club, but we so didn't make it. So we went for dinner and then we got all dressed up and went to walk around. We went to the Wynn and walked around the stores, and then we went o back to sleep 'cause we were too tired.

Saturday kicked ass. We got up, went to eat breakfast buffet, and then checked out. And then we got picked up by the rental car ppl, and we got our car. A Mustang convertible. I was in heaven!!! I've never been in a convertible, and we figured since we won't really get the chance to do it again, we might as well go all out. So we drove with the top down and the music blasting. We went to the outlet malls and bought stuff for ppl. And then we drove to California. That's right, California.

I don't know if I can explain how great I felt. Driving in a nice car, with the top down, the wind messing up my hair, good music, great scenery....and then Jarx mentioned something about Anthony. And I realized that if I was still with him, I would never have had those three amazing days. So you know, I'm glad. And yeah, driving down, I was so super happy and content. And so we went to have a late lunch (like at 4), and then we drove back. And Jarx let me drive!! For like a kilometre and a half, but still!!! And then we went to take a pic with the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign, and attempted to drive down the strip, then tried to go down a faster route, got all frustrated....eventually made it to Walgreen's, bought what we needed to, and then went to the airport.

And then we came home. I was up talking to my family and eating breakfast with them until about noon, then I went to sleep.

And no, you dind't read wrong, and no, I didn't miss it. We didn't gamble. At all. I think Jarx spent a dollar and I spent none.

So next trip is New York in January. And I'm thinking maybe New Orleans for my bday. Mardi Gras is the 19th, so really, it'd be doable. Plus, it's a long weekend, so even if we leave friday after work, ppl only have to take one, maybe two days off work. So I'll see how I can work that. you ever know, it might work.

And yeah, if I get the chance, I'm moving to the Arizon/Nevada/Cali area. It was just too good to not move there. It's beautiful, the weather is awesome, and you don't have to worry about mowing the lawn or shoveling the snow. I doubt I ever will, but it would be nice. Anyways, it's midnight, and I have to work tomorrow. So I guess I should go.

But I want to add a few pics, and then I'm off.









There's more pics on facebook, but only like two albums. But I mean, I took almost 600 pics, so I'm not gonna post them all. And Jarx took anothe rlike 500. I know, we're a little camera happy.

But yeah, bedtime now. Nighty night.
~Susana

No comments:

Post a Comment